Coconut oil is one of those products that has a million different uses. It is an excellent moisturizer, an excellent ingredient to use in cooking and baking, and has multiple cosmetic uses. There are so many uses for coconut oil that I have complied a list of the ways that it can be used.
- Moisturizer for the skin, best for dry spots on the skin.
- As a deep conditioner for hair, makes hair soft and shiny.
- A small amount rubbed through the hair can calm frizz. Be careful doing this, because too much your hair will look greasy.
- Oil pulling. It helps remineralize teeth and remove plaque. Erica over at Fashionlush wrote an excellent article about oil pulling that you can read here.
- As a natural chap stick. Just rub directly on your lips, you don’t need anything else.
- Can help boost metabolism, due it’s high Lauric acid and MCFA content.
- Mixed with sugar or salt to make a body scrub.
- Can help skin heal faster after an infection or injury, similar to Neosporin.
- Helps relieve eczema.
- Can replace other types of oil in cooking. I use it over olive or vegetable oil.
- Helps heal sunburn, but the initial burning pain must be gone.
- An immediate source of energy, and is not stored as fat when eaten.
- Relieves itching from bug bites.
- Stimulates hair growth when rubbed into scalp.
- As tanning oil. Use sunscreen underneath, because you don’t want to burn.
- Speeds healing of fungal infections, used either internally of externally.
- Anti inflammatory.
- Can help relieve a sore throat when mixed in with tea.
- Helps clear up cold sores.
There are many other ways to use coconut oil, but these are the ones that I use the most often. I hope you will try the uses that I listed, as well as other ways to use coconut oil. If you try any of these, of find other uses let me know.
Sorry I have been gone for so long. It is for good reason, I promise! First thing, I graduated from college! That is the most important and exciting thing that has happened to me. After I graduated, I started a new job. That did not end well. Basically, my job was going door to door trying to sell people U-verse. I enjoyed it, but ended up quitting because it was costing me to much money in gas. After that, I went through a staffing agency and got a job through there, but was let go, even though their reason for letting me go was false. So now all I have been doing is babysitting. However, I start a new job in a couple weeks, and I am super excited about it! Right now, I feel like everything is falling into place. With that being said, I am working on new posts, and planning everything out for this blog. I really want to keep up with this blog, and the best way is to have it happen is to plan. If you have any suggestions for me, leave me a comment, and I will try my hardest to do so.
Today I am going to talk about how to de-pot stick concealer. You can do this with any kind of product, but I did my concealer, since it was broken. The concealer I used is the E.L.F. stick concealer. Some how it got smashed into the top, and the remainder broke and got stuck inside the tube.
The whole process is super easy. All you need is:
- Tea Kettle/Small Pot
- Small container to pour concealer in
The steps are simple.
- Boil your water. The water does not need to come to a complete boil, but needs to be hot enough to penetrate through the outside of the packaging.
- Pour the water into a small cup and put the concealer in the water. I let it sit for about five minutes, and then replaced the water. I did this three times, but you may need to do it more or less, depending on the product.
- Pour the concealer into the container. I used a container that I got a sample in, but you can buy empty containers like this at Sally’s or another beauty supply store. If needed, take either a concealer brush or small cosmetic spatula to get the remainder. When you are finished, it should look like this.
Now you’re done!! Sorry about the poor camera quality. Right now I am using a small point and shoot camera, and it does not shoot up close at all, but I am trying to upgrade to a better camera. Sorry I have not posted in such a long time, I have an upcoming post on where I have been, and my plans for this blog.
I haven’t posted since probably January. Sorry about that. This spring was the semester from hell. But, the good news is that I’m done and hopefully have more time. I am doing my internship this summer, it’s 40 hours a week, but I am going to make time for blogging. That is what has been happening to me. If you want me to write about anything specific, let me know!
It’s the beginning of a new year, and I like to make resolutions to try to keep me on track. I only make a few, just so I am not overwhelmed with goals that I want to accomplish.
1. Complete Tapout xt. This is a training program that is similar to Insanity. It is intense, but promises amazing results. I want to be able to say that I was able to do it. Also, doing this will make me stronger, and I want to get into great shape.
2. Work out daily. This goes along with the first goal, but if I write it down I am more likely to do it.
3. Eat healthier, and write down everything I eat. I have been eating horribly ever since the holidays, and I need to get back on track. Writing down everything that you eat will motivate you to eat better. Who wants to look back a few days and see that you ate everything in the house? I know I don’t. The more often I know I eat better, the more likely I am to keep up with it.
4. Get all As and Bs in spring semester. Ideally, I would like to get all As, but that might be difficult taking 5 classes. I am setting the goal slightly lower than I would like, so if I don’t get all As, I won’t be disappointed in myself.
5. Graduate. I graduate college this year. Needless to say I am excited.
These are my resolutions this year. I know it doesn’t seem like much, but I am excited for what this year has in store, and I want to share it with you.
I am always listening to music, and I will listen to anything. Within the last year or so, I have gotten into Electric Dance Music, or EDM. Here is what I have been listening to recently.
The Jane Doze-D’s in the Trap
Duelle-Duellofunk Vol. 1: Sinful Summer
Avicii-Wake Me up
Steve Aoki & Chris Lake & Tujamo-Boneless
<a href="Follow my blog with Bloglovin” title=”Bloglovin'”>Bloglovin’
Follow me on Bloglovin’!!